We’ve update our shipping options to be more flexible and transparent.
As of today, we’re now open for business internationally! Awesome!
We’ve made several changes to make this happen. We’ve added support for different currencies – for the time being, USD, GBP and EUR, and we’ll look to expand these if need be.
All orders within Australia are subject to GST. International orders are GST-free, and checkout will reflect this once your shipping address has been entered.
Shipping from Australia is surprisingly expensive, but we’re doing our best to keep our rates as competitive as possible.
Interested in entering our Mark2 3D Printer kit giveaway contest? Here’s the full copy of the rules:
Two 3D Printers are up for grabs!
One winner will be selected at random from the list of registered email addresses. Additionally, the entrant on top of the referral leader-board also wins!
Make sure to verify your email address – after registering, you’ll receive an email with a confirmation link.
The contest will be closed on December 1st, and the winners announced within one business day.
Here are the full details:
- Contest closes December 1st, and will be drawn within 24 hours.
- All entrants on the leader-board will be manually reviewed for fake accounts / attempting to game the system.
- Only verified email addresses are eligible. Check your email! Register your email again if you need to resend the verification email.
- The 3D Printer prizes may be redeemed as either a kit or an assembled printer, at the recipient’s discretion. Receiving the 3D Printer fully assembled may extend the time required to ship the prize.
- Shipping, either domestic or international, is included up to a value of $150 AUD. If shipping costs will exceed this, we will contact the recipient to find a solution.
- The lead time between the winners being announced and the prize printers being shipped will not exceed one month, unless otherwise requested by or negotiated with the prize recipient.
Hey there everyone,
We’ve spent a long time searching for the perfect hotend to carry – there are so many different options out there, it can get confusing pretty fast. What’s worse is that there are plenty of generic knock-offs that don’t perform as advertised. We want to offer a premium product, and after trying everything we could get our hands on, we were blown away by the quality – both print and construction – of E3D’s V6 hotend.
We’ve been in talks with E3D, and are now one of the first Australian distributors to be E3D Genuine certified!
You may have noticed that we’ve been getting in more and more Adafruit products over the past few weeks. We’d like to take this opportunity to announce that we are now officially an Australian distributor for Adafruit products.
You might be asking – “you’re a 3D printer shop – why sell general electronics products?” – and that’s a fair question. We feel Adafruit are a key exemplar of the “maker” mentality, and that their products represent this. Basically, we feel that a lot of their stuff goes hand-in-hand with 3D printing, and we want to make those products easily available within Australia.
A good example are the different WS2812 RGB LED products Adafruit produce – or “Neopixels”. These LEDs are easy to setup and control, fun to work with – and easy to embed in anything you can print. They sparkle, shimmer, fade, pulse – whatever you want, in any colour you want. And besides – everything’s better with LEDs! Here’s an awesome example:
If you have a suggestion for an Adafruit product you think we should stock – let us know! Printed something cool that uses an Adafruit product? Post a comment, we’d love to see it!
Hey there everyone – how’s it going? We figured it was about time we got a proper news/blog system set up – so here we are. We plan to use the Aus3D blog for a number of things – announcing site news, talking about new products – maybe even a bit of how-to stuff.
We hope you’ll stay tuned – and in the meantime, thanks for being part of our community!